Graduating from the best school in the city is something that will help you lay a firm base for your career. If you have been wondering about the cities with the best CNA schools, then you are at the right place.
In this article, you will get to know about the best cities to be a Certified Nursing Assistant, the demand for CNAs in the city, and the best schools in the city with a Certified Nursing Assistant program.
BEST CITIES FOR CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANTS (CNAs)
The demand for CNAs is growing more than other workers in the job sector. A statistical estimate by the U.S. Bureau of Labor says that there will be an increase of 8% through 2030 for Certified Nursing Assistants, while the average job growth is only 5%.
|CNA EDUCATION LEVEL||CNA SALARY (Approximately)|
|High School or less||$31,482|
The Best Cities for Certified Nursing Assistants (CNAs) are:
- New York
- Los Angeles
New York is the largest metro area in the world by landmass and the world’s most populated megacity. The population of people aged 65 or above is approximately 14%. The number of senior citizens in need of care at home or in nursing homes is over 1 million. CNAs are in high demand in around 62 hospitals in New York City. The average salary for CNAs in New York is approximately around $37,010 per annum.
The average salary is $19.54 per hour and there are about 57,000 CNAs in New York.
THE BEST CNA SCHOOLS IN NEW YORK
Some of the best CNA schools in New York are,
- ASA College, Brooklyn.
- City College of New York, New York.
- CUNY College of Staten Island, Staten Island.
- Hostos Community College, Bronx.
- Lehman College, Bronx.
- Kingsborough Community College, Brooklyn.
Dallas is the 9th most populated in the U.S. and 3rd most populated in Texas. In Dallas, almost 10% of the population is aged 65 or above. Approximately 120,000 people in the city need or will need care. There are about 75 hospitals in the closest area–The Dallas Fort Worth Metro area–and dozens of nursing homes and hospice centers in high need of CNAs. The average salary for CNAs in Dallas is approximately around $27,780 per year.
The average salary in Dallas is $15.13 per hour.
BEST CNA SCHOOLS IN DALLAS
Some of the best CNA schools in Dallas are:
- Alliance Career Institute, Dallas.
- B&M Career Institute, Dallas.
- Companion Training Center, Dallas.
- Texas Career Institute, Dallas.
- Dallas Career Institute, Dallas.
- Ideal Nursing Institute, Dallas.
Houston is the most populated city in Texas and the 4th most populated in the country. In Houston, there are around 212,000 citizens who are aged 65 and above. As the senior citizen population is growing in Houston, the demand for CNAs has also increased. There’s high demand for CNAs in about 28 hospitals and more than 80 nursing homes. The average salary in Houston for CNAs is approximately around $28,460 per year.
The average salary is $14.45 per hour and there are about 17,000 CNAs in Houston.
BEST CNA SCHOOLS IN HOUSTON
Some of the best CNA schools in Houston are:
- Academy of Exceptional Healthcare Training, Houston.
- Azni Health Institute, Houston.
- Brighter Future,Inc, Houston.
- Alief ISD C.N.A Program, Houston.
- Blissful Touch Health Academy,Inc, Houston.
- American Medical Institute, Houston.
Chicago is the most populated city in Illinois and the 3rd most populated in the U.S. In Chicago, about 12% of the population is aged 65 or above. There are around 315,385 senior citizens in this city. The average salary for CNAs in Chicago is approximately around $29,890 per year.
The average salary is $18.33 per hour and there are about 33,000 CNAs in Chicago.
BEST CNA SCHOOLS IN CHICAGO
Some of the best CNA schools in Chicago are:
- Chicago State University, Chicago.
- East-West University, Chicago.
- Malcolm X College, Chicago.
- Midwestern Career College, Chicago.
- The Nirvana Institute Inc, Chicago.
Los Angeles is the 2nd largest city in the U.S. and the largest city in California. According to a report by Occupational Outlook Handbook, the need for CNAs is expected to grow by 11% between the years 2016 to 2026. In Los Angeles, the population of senior citizens aged 65 or above is approximately 491,598. The average salary in Los Angeles for CNAs is approximately around $37,400 per year.
The average salary is $18.79 per hour and there are about 32,000 CNAs in Los Angeles.
BEST CNA SCHOOLS IN LOS ANGELES
Some of the best CNA schools in Los Angeles are:
- Westchester College of Nursing, Los Angeles.
- American Medical Careers, Los Angeles.
- Angeles College, Los Angeles.
- Bloom CNA School, Los Angeles.
- Los Angeles Southwest College, Los Angeles.
- Creative Skills Nursing School, Los Angeles.
Orlando is a great city for senior citizens because it has a temperate climate. As the number of senior citizens is high in Orlando, it is a great place for people who want to work in health science. Orlando has 9 local hospitals. The senior citizens of age 65 or above in Orlando are about 10.2% of the population and 28,764 in number.
There are 6 schools approved by the state to offer CNA training. Approximately 271 full-time and 97 part-time CNA job openings are available. The average salary in Orlando for CNAs is approximately around $28,270 per year.
The average salary is $17.57 per hour and there are about 10,510 CNAs in Orlando.
BEST CNA SCHOOLS IN ORLANDO
Some of the best CNA schools in Orlando are:
- Cypress Creek High School–CNA Program, Orlando.
- Florida Health Care Academy – CNA Training Program, Orlando.
- Orange Technical College–Avalon Campus, Orlando.
- Orange Technical College–Mid Florida Campus, Orlando.
- Orange Technical College – Orlando Campus, Orlando.
- S.T.E.P. Medical Teaching / Learning, Inc, Orlando.
Philadelphia has many opportunities for CNAs. There are about 27 hospitals and numerous long-term care facilities that are in need of hiring CNAs regularly. Approximately 13% of the population are senior citizens in Philadelphia. The average salary in Philadelphia for CNAs is approximately $28,091 per year.
The average salary is $18.59 per hour and there are about 24,500 CNAs in Philadelphia.
BEST CNA SCHOOLS IN PHILADELPHIA
Some of the best CNA schools in Philadelphia are:
- American Red Cross – East Chapter, Philadelphia.
- Genesis Chapel Manor Center, Philadelphia.
- Community College of Philadelphia, Philadelphia.
- Entry Level Nurse Aide Program, Philadelphia.
- Health and Tech Training Institute, Philadelphia.
- Mercy Career and Technical HS, Philadelphia.
Opting for the best school in the best city paves the way for great job opportunities as a Certified Nursing Assistant. Establish your career as a Certified Nursing Assistant in the cities where the demand for the role is high. Graduating from a reputable school in one of the best cities can help you firmly build your career base.
If you are passionate about entering the nursing sector and planning to start preparing, practice our free CNA practice test papers.