The TEAS exam, or Test of Essential Academic Skills, is a standardized test that is used by many nursing schools to assess the readiness of applicants for their nursing programs. The TEAS exam is a computerized test that is administered at participating testing centers. The test is 209 minutes long, or 3 hours and 39 minutes.
The TEAS exam is divided into four sections:
|Section||Number of Questions||Time Limit (Minutes)|
|English and Language Usage||37||37|
Each section of the TEAS exam is multiple choice, and there are 170 questions total. There are no scheduled breaks during the TEAS exam, so it is important to be well-rested and hydrated before taking the test.
It is important to note that you cannot carry time over from one section to the next. Once you finish a section, you will move on to the next section, and you will not be able to go back to the previous section.
How much time you have for each section of the TEAS exam
- Reading: The reading section is 55 minutes long and has 45 questions. This means that you have about 1.2 minutes per question. Read the passages carefully and try to identify the main idea and supporting details. If you find yourself getting bogged down in a passage, skip it and come back to it later if you have time.
- Mathematics: The mathematics section is 57 minutes long and has 38 questions. This means that you have about 1.5 minutes per question. The math section covers a variety of topics, including arithmetic, algebra, geometry, and statistics. Be sure to review all of these topics before taking the exam.
- Science: The science section is 60 minutes long and has 50 questions. This means that you have about 1.2 minutes per question. The science section covers a variety of topics, including human anatomy and physiology, microbiology, chemistry, and physics. Be sure to review all of these topics before taking the exam.
- English and Language Usage: The English and language usage section is 37 minutes long and has 37 questions. This means that you have about 1 minute per question. The English section covers a variety of topics, including grammar, punctuation, and usage. Be sure to review all of these topics before taking the exam.
Tips for managing your time during the TEAS exam
- Pace yourself. Don’t spend too much time on any one question. If you’re stuck on a question, mark it for review and move on. You can come back to it later if you have time.
- Read the instructions carefully. Make sure you understand what each question is asking before you answer it.
- Use your scratch paper. The scratch paper can be helpful for working out math problems or jotting down notes.
- Take advantage of the breaks. There are short breaks between each section of the exam. Use these breaks to stretch, use the restroom, and get a drink of water.
If you are preparing for the TEAS exam, it is important to practice taking timed practice tests. This will help you get used to the format of the test and the pace that you need to maintain in order to finish on time.
How to Prepare for the TEAS Exam
Here are some tips for preparing for the exam:
- Study the test materials. The exam covers a wide range of topics, so it is important to study the test materials carefully. You can use the test preparation study guide.
- Take practice tests. Practice tests are a great way to get used to the format of the TEAS exam and the types of questions that are asked. Here is one practice test you can use to test yourself.
- Get help from a tutor. If you are struggling with any particular topics, consider getting help from a tutor. A tutor can help you to understand the material and develop strategies for answering questions.
Taking the TEAS exam can be a stressful experience, but it is important to remember that you are not alone. Many students have taken and passed the TEAS exam. By following the tips above, you can increase your chances of success on the TEAS exam.
How long is the TEAS exam?
The exam is 209 minutes long, or 3 hours and 39 minutes.
How many sections are on the TEAS exam?
There are four sections: Reading, Mathematics, Science, and English and Language Usage.
How long is each section of the TEAS exam?
The Reading section is 55 minutes long, the Mathematics section is 57 minutes long, the Science section is 60 minutes long, and the English and Language Usage section is 37 minutes long.
Can I carry time over from one section to the next on the TEAS exam?
No, you cannot carry time over from one section to the next on the TEAS exam. Once you finish a section, you will move on to the next section and you will not be able to go back to the previous section.