Is pharmacy technician your dream career? Are you passionate about beginning your dream career in the state of Oregon? Planning to apply for the Oregon Pharmacy Technician License? Have you been wondering how to apply for the pharmacy technician exam and license in the state of Oregon? Worry not!
In this article, you will learn more about the Oregon Pharmacy Technician License and Exam process. You will also learn reliable information about the eligibility requirements and enrollment process in the state of Oregon.
The Steps Involved in the Oregon Pharmacy Technician License
STEP 1: CHECK YOUR ELIGIBILITY
The first step to applying for the Oregon Pharmacy Technician License is to complete the enrollment process. Before you begin with the enrollment process, you must check if you meet the eligibility criteria set by Oregon to apply for the licensure. Also, make sure to verify the eligibility requirements set by the state of Oregon.
The eligibility requirements to enroll and apply for the pharmacy technician licensure in Oregon are as follows:
- All candidates must have earned a high school diploma or GED.
- Applicants must be of 18 years or older.
- Candidates are required to pass the PTCB exam or must have an intention to take the exam at some point in the future.
- Applicants may have to undergo a criminal background check, which also includes having their fingerprints taken.
- Candidates must have completed a recognized PTCB course.
- All the candidates must ensure not to have any history of drug-related crimes.
- Candidates must apply to the Oregon State Board of Pharmacy and include a passport photo along with their application.
- Applicants must make sure their application is notarized and pay the application fees.
- All candidates are expected to be proficient in the English language.
STEP 2: APPLY FOR THE OREGON STATE BOARD OF PHARMACY TECHNICIAN EXAM
Once you have verified your eligibility, the next step is to apply for the Oregon Pharmacy Technician License Exam. In the state of Oregon, the Board of Pharmacy approves both the PTCB and ExCPT exams. You can apply for the pharmacy technician exam in the state of Oregon on the official website.
STEP 3: PAY YOUR FEES
The next step is to pay the required fees. The fee details for the pharmacy technician licensure in the state of Oregon are as follows:
- Total fee – $146.25.
- Application fee – $100 (non-refundable).
- Background check fee – $46.25.
- Registration fee (PTCB website) – $129.
After you have applied for the exam and have paid all the required fees, the next step is to take the PTCB exam. Let’s now discuss some of the important details regarding the Oregon Pharmacy Technician License Exam. The details are as follows:
- The Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) Exam consists of 90 multiple-choice questions (MCQs). Out of the 90 questions, only about 80 questions will be scored out of the 90 questions. The other 10 questions are not scored for the PTCB exam.
- The PTCB exam lasts for about 1 hour and 50 minutes.
Once you have taken and passed the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) Exam, the final step is to apply and procure your Oregon Pharmacy Technician License. To begin with the licensure process, you can visit the official website.
You can verify if your license has been issued or not, by visiting the License Lookup page on their official website to learn further details regarding the pharmacy technician license in the state of Oregon.
If you are an existing user, you can log in. If you are a new user, make sure to create a new account before you register.
The following are some of the documents you have to provide at the time of application for the pharmacy technician licensure in the state of Oregon:
- An original 2*2 passport photo, taken within the past 6 months.
- Personal identification, such as a birth certificate, a color copy of your signed photo ID issued by the state government (front and back), or a color copy of your signed U.S. passport.
If you are someone who was born outside the U.S., you will have to submit the following documents at the time of application for the pharmacy technician license in the state of Oregon.
- A color copy of your country’s passport or work visa.
- Employment Authorization Document (EAD) or a birth certificate issued by the country you were born in.
- Naturalization document or residency card.
Last, but not least, you can apply to receive your Oregon Pharmacy Technician License. Generally, it takes about 30 days for the Oregon State Police to further process your fingerprints. You will then receive your pharmacy technician license.
If you are passionate about becoming a pharmacy technician in the U.S. or know someone who is interested in taking up the PTCB exam, make sure to refer to our free practice test. Our practice test will help you efficiently prepare for the exam. You can also refer to our Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) Exam Guide to help you gain more knowledge about the PTCB exam.
Frequently Asked Questions about the Oregon State Pharmacy Technician License Exams:
How much do Pharmacy Technicians make in Oregon?
On average, pharmacy technicians earn an average salary of about $46,190. The average annual salary ranges between $35,690 at the lowest and goes up to $59,390.
Is becoming a Certified Pharmacy Technician worth it in Oregon?
Yes. According to the statistics released by the BLS, the demand for pharmacy technicians in the United States is projected to grow by about 4% between the years 2020 and 2030. Pharmacy technicians in the state of Oregon get paid well in the industry.
What is the standard authorized pharmacy board in Oregon?
The standard authorized pharmacy board in Oregon is the Oregon Board of Pharmacy.
How do I prepare for the exam? Is there a guide?
Yes. You can make use of our Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) guide to prepare for the Oregon Pharmacy Technician License Exam.
Is the PTCB an approved exam in the state of Oregon?
In the state of Oregon, both the ExCPT and PTCB exams are approved national certification exams. You will have to take any of these exams to be eligible to apply for the Oregon Pharmacy Technician License.
Do I need to register before I start practicing in Oregon?
Yes. You will have to register before practicing as a pharmacy technician in the state of Illinois. You can register on the official website.